R6 DISTILLERY is an award-winning craft distillery in El Segundo, California, and our family of whiskey lovers is passionate about distilling and aging the perfect whiskey! You would be joining our family of smart, funny, friendly, and hardworking people as part of the Packaging Team. What does that mean? Well, we aren’t
some giant distillery, where you sit in a glass cage all day and move the abacus beads around. We are also not a super tiny distillery either, where you end up cleaning the bathrooms every day (maybe here or there). Our jobs come with different and ever-changing challenges. After all, making the best bourbon and co-packing
myriad private labels are dependent on each and every little aspect of formulation, sanitation and science – from the grain to the glass, and you will be
a key part of that. We are looking for smart, highly motivated people with a professional demeanor, and we are willing to train you for this career
if you have the right aptitude and a willingness to learn. We are gearing up for a very, very busy year!
Key & Ancillary Responsibilities:
- 1+ years working in a full-service restaurant.
- Will be cross trained to work as server and bartender.
- POS and OpenTable experience.
- Responsible for memorizing cocktail recipes, spirits and beer tasting notes, food menu- our menu does change seasonally.
- We do everything – barback, clean dishes, mop, take out the trash, etc. Must be comfortable lifting/changing kegs, standing for 8 hours, moving and bending.
- Work 1-2 days of production: Filling bottles with spirits, labeling, packing, cleaning. Production is Monday through Thursday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 1+ years of bartending experience behind a full bar, craft cocktail knowledge preferred
within the last year.
- 21 or older.
- General understanding of whiskey, how it’s made and the different types, e.g. bourbon vs. rye.
- Understanding of beer styles and how they’re made: we will train you on our spirits and beer.
- Outgoing personality and ability to work independently. Calm under pressure and able to handle a crowd with a smile.
- Reliable and punctual – many shifts are solo so you must be on time.
- Must be available to work 2 shifts, 3 preferred. We will add more days as restrictions lift.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Work independently, with minimal guidance.
- Reliable, punctual, and work well under pressure.
- Able to work overtime hours if needed.
- Adaptable and able to efficiently manage time and tasks.
- A passion for and knowledge of craft whiskey.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Compensation based on experience.
- Honesty and a good work ethic are mandatory.
- Seeking someone that wants to be here for the long term and grow with us.
- Availability on Friday through Sunday: Friday 5 p.m. – 11 p.m., Saturday 2 p.m. -10 p.m., and Sunday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Part-time to start, around 20-25 hours/week. Minimum wage plus TIPs.
This position starts as part-time (20-30 hours a week), with the potential to become full-time. We prefer applications from applicants residing within a 25-mile radius of our distillery. R6 is postured for growth. We started in 2014 and began distilling our award-winning bourbon shortly thereafter. Our rapid growth will allow us to expand this year into a second production facility and tasting room. We are expanding our markets and further building our brand as well. We offer an atmosphere of professional and personal development. R6 is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and in compliance with all applicable laws of the United States and California. Include your resume in your response to this posting. Do not call. Do not stop by until you have been asked to do so.
R6 offers an atmosphere of professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and make all employment decisions on the basis of merit and in compliance with all applicable laws of the United States and California. Compensation is based on experience, and your starting pay will reflect that. For full-time employees, our benefits package offers partial health care, a 401(k) plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick leave, and food and beverage discounts. Please include your resume in your response to this job listing, as well as a personal letter detailing why you’d be a great addition to our family. Please do not call or stop by until you have been asked to do so. We will reach out to you should your qualifications be a match for this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.50 per hour + TIPs to start with raise after 60 day probation.
Submit resume / cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send us your resume and a short letter telling us about yourself and why you would be a good fit for our team. We are looking to hire immediately!